Simple ERA is the perfect solution for offices that want to streamline the insurance payment posting process. Many payers that accept claims electronically also send back electronic remittance advice (ERA) in place of a paper explanation of benefits (EOB). Payments and Adjustments that are on paper EOBs have to be entered into Medisoft manually. With Simple ERA the program reads the payments and adjustments from the electronic remittance advice file and posts the payments and adjustments to the patient’s account for you. What once took hours now takes minutes!
With Simple ERA you still have total control, your just taking the menial part of the posting process out of the equation. The Simple ERA process:
- View the EOB prior to posting
- Save the report to your hard drive, or print it
- The program also allows you to quickly filter through the EOB to look at a specific patient
- Post all the payments and adjustments in the EOB with a few simple clicks
- View the Post Log report that gives you an accounting of any payments or adjustments that did not post, as well as payments that were posted to secondary insurances.
- Easily identify payments posted using Simple ERA in Medisoft. The description field will include the check number followed by ERA.
- All processed EOBs are stored and archieved in Simple ERA