EHR Meaningful Use Education Tour
Special Customer Education Seminar presented by McKesson for Practice Partner, Medisoft Clinical, and Lytec MD users.
- Economic Stimulus Plan Overview- Understand the requirements physicians will need to meet to earn EHR incentives.
- Meaningful Use Review- Learn how you will need to use Practice Partner, Medisoft Clinical and Lytec MD to meet meaningful use objectives and measures.
- McKesson Services Overview- Review the tools that will be made available to you to support you on your meaningful use journey.
How to Qualify for Stimulus and ARRA
There are 10 videos in this presentation. Enjoy these free online videos.
1. ARRA & HITECH Act Recap- how to qualify for Stimulus using EHR
Recap of ARRA & HITECH and some of the most up to date information regarding the Stimulus Funds for EHR. Based on Final Ruling in July 2010.
2. Qualify for Stimulus and ARRA with McKesson’s Practice Partner
Explaination of what the HITECH Act is and how physicians using a certfied EHR get stimulus money from the government. Final Ruling verses the proposed ruling.
3. Choosing the Medicare or Medicaid Option
Eligible Professionals must choose to qualify under the Medicare or Medicaid option. The qualifications are very different, but you can change plans once before 2014. Who is an eligible provider under each plan? This a a brief overview of the differences.
4. Medicare Plan
Detailed explination of the Medicare Plan Option. There is a maximum of allowable charges for each year and providers get a percentage of that. If you qualify by 2012 you get a $3,000 bonus. In order to get the maximum incentive providers must qualify by 2012. Under Medicare there are no payments after 2016. Penalties begin in 2015 for those not on a certified EHR.
5. Medicaid Plan
Medicaid has a predetermined amount of what they believe adopting and EHR costs and the reimbursement is 85% of that amount. Must qualify by 2016 and payments go up to 2021. This gives more time to get into the program and to qualify and the reimbursement is much higher than the Medicare option.
6. Meaningful Use Final Ruling
Must be a qualified provider using a certified Electronic Medical Record in a meaningful way. There are three stages under this plan with a goal required for each stage. Stage 1- Electronic Capture of Patient Data. Stage 2- Improved Clinical Processes. Stage 3- Quality Measurement & Improvement. RIght now the final ruling is only on Stage 1.
7. Core Objectives, Menu Options, Clinical Quality Measures
There are 15 core objectives that must be met to meet meaningful use. In addition to those core objectives there are 10 menu options that each provider can choose 5 from. Exclusions are explained. Each Provider must also meet 6 Clinical Quality Measures. 3 core measures are required and the other 3 can be chosen from a list of 38.
8. Reporting Period Definition
Reporting period is based on a calendar year. The first year only requires to meet the measurements for 90 days. Reporting for all subsequent years is for the entire 12 months. And when reporting it is “attestation methodology” in 2011. Electronic Reporting to CMS begins in 2012.
9. Application and Payment, Certification of EHR Systems
Registratin begins in January. Attestatins start in April 2011- payments will begin in mid May 2011. Certification of EHR must be by an ACTB. Every vendor must go through this certification process.
10. What’s Next, Tools Available
There is an online calculator to give you a little bit of an idea of what your personal payout schedule would look like. EHR Calculator