If you are a Medicare provider who was unable to successfully demonstrate meaningful use for 2013 due to circumstances beyond your control, you need to read this article.
CMS has posted an article about how you can submit an application by July 1, 2014, to demonstrate that you and your practice had a hardship that was out of your control, which prevented you from successfully demonstrating meaningful use for 2013.
Payment adjustments (deductions) for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program will begin on January 1, 2015 for eligible professionals if they have not met the criteria for the program. So, this is an opportunity to possibly avoid those penalties if you qualify. But you will have to submit the application by July 1, 2014. If approved, the exception is valid for only one year.
Find additional information here (click the links):
As always, we highly recommend that you get all of your information directly from the source. We will regularly post information that we feel will help you and your practice and will try to keep you up to date and help you understand what you need to do. Please follow these links below for additional information.
- EHR Incentive Programs – CMS Website
- Payment Adjustments & Hardship Exceptions page from CMS Website
- EHR Payment Adjustments & Hardship Exceptions Tip-Sheet from CMS
- Eligible Professionals 2015 Hardship Exception Application
- Eligible Professionals 2015 Hardship Exception Application Submitting Multiple NPI’s in a Single Application