Why Is ANSI 5010 Compliance So Important?
The government’s new requirements for insurance claims sent electronically went into effect on January 1, 2012 with a grace period ending March 31, 2012. If a claim does not meet the new requirements, then it will be rejected.
Hundreds of payers, including Medicare, Tricare, and some state Medicaid plans, have already begun rejecting claims that are not ANSI 5010 compliant. Remaining payers are still accepting 4010 claims until the end of the grace period, March 31, 2012.
As your partner, our focus is passing on important information regarding these industry changes and providing you with 5010 Compliant Software. Below are several links and documents to help you understand the current changes and how to best deal with them.
3 Steps to ensure a smooth transition to ANSI 5010
- Upgrade your Practice Management Software so that you are on a version that is ANSI 5010 Compliant.
- Work very closely with your clearinghouse/payers to understand what rejections are happening and how to fix them.
- Make updates to your current production environment to ensure you are capturing and submitting the necessary information.
Upgrade to ANSI 5010 Compliant Software- call 877.243.8881
Medisoft version 17 is the only version of Medisoft that is ANSI 5010 Compliant.
Lytec 2011 is the only version of Lytec that is ANSI 5010 Compliant.
Ask the 5010 Experts- Complimentary Webinar Series
McKesson is hosting several free webinars for providers to ask questions regarding ANSI 5010. Register for upcoming webinars or view the questions and answers from past sessions.
- Check dates and register for upcoming webinars
- Webinar Replay– This is a replay of the customer Q&A webinar held 2/8/12
- FAQ sheet from past webinars read FAQs
Coding Compliance Seminar Recording
How to get paid under upcoming ANSI 5010 & ICD-10 Regulations. Industry experts, Ron Sterling and Betsy Nicoletti, explain the upcoming changes.
- Request a complimentary DVD copy
- Download webinar presentation slides
The Physicians Guide to implementing ANSI 5010
This 29 page document from the American Medical Association (AMA) provides practical steps to preparing for the new HIPAA changes.
How to set up your Software to send 5010 Claims
Common 5010 Rejections and Requirements
These documents from various clearinghouses show the common rejections that occur because providers have not set up their production environment correctly for 5010- and how to fix the error.
- Common Institutional Rejections and Requirements- RelayHealth
- Common Professional Rejections and Requirements- RelayHealth
- Availity Known Issues: Resolution & Guidance
See answers to ANSI Frequently Asked Questions
Call us at 877.243.8881 to upgrade your software and become ANSI 5010 Compliant and we will include:
- A complete set of our popular Training DVDs- A $499 Value- FREE! (limited time offer)
Call 877.243.8881 To Get Your DVD Set- FREE